Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Mad About my Maxi


So I finally got myself one of these bohemian lovelies. This is the first and only maxi dress I have owned, and it makes me want to go out and buy ten more in a variety of colors and prints. Yeah, I love it that much. Like so many others, I think maxi dresses are just the bomb diggity, and little wonder why.


Madly popular in the 1970's, the maxi dress has become very trendy again these past few years. They are usually made from a lightweight jersey fabric and are extremely breezy and comfortable. This makes them ideal for hot weather. I plan on rocking my maxi (and hopefully new ones as well) all spring and summer. 


Sorry my face is covered in shade in this pic. At least I know my hat works! 
Anyway, another great thing about maxi dresses is their versatility. Dress them up, dress them down, throw one on over your swimsuit at the beach or put on some heels and jewelry and have a date night. 
They aren't just for warm weather, either. You can winterize them with some boots and a jacket or coat. Add a cute scarf and you've got a killer outfit! 



This particular maxi dress is so awesome! How killer are these stripes though? The way they are laid out and the one long line going down the center is flattering, despite me being under five feet and the dress being so long.

Another thing; I avoided wearing long dresses and skirts like this one for a long time because I am so short and I was worried about what people would think. I have since stopped caring (at least most of the time) what people think. I'm short and fat. I know I'm short and fat. Nothing I wear, flattering or not, is going to magically make me look tall and slim. So I'm going to wear whatever the hell I feel beautiful in. In the end, that is all that matters.

Thanks for reading!

Dress: Ava and Viv from Target
Sandals: Payless
Sunhat: thrift store




















No comments:

Post a Comment