Wednesday, December 30, 2015

A Remedy for Gray Skies

It's that time of year again. The wonder and magic of Christmas is over and we're all starting to dread the cold months that are still to come before it's spring again. January and February are always the yuckiest months to have to get through, at least where I live, and we're starting to have that gray sky that plagues so much of winter.



 I feel like this time of year it's really easy to feel a little down and a little dull. It's especially important, for me at least, to remember that Spring and lovely weather are on their way. What better way to remind myself of this than by wearing some fun, bright colors and floral pattern?


Now, I know what you're thinking. Three-quarter sleeve cardigan in December??? Well, down here where I live it usually doesn't get super cold in the winter. We have a cold snap or two each year, and if the roads DO freeze we can't even function, and you better pray there's bread and milk left at the grocery store. I mean, it was 75 degrees on Christmas day!



 Those of you who have read my very first blog post ever, Loving Colors and Myself, might recognize this particular cardigan. I still really love it. How can you not feel happy wearing all of these fabulous colors? I swear, wearing the right color(s) can brighten any day!



Also, this winter I'm all about bringing my summer maxis into the colder weather. Layer on a cardigan, sweater, or denim jacket and you've got a new outfit. Switch those bohemian sandals out for some cute flats and you're done. You could even wear leggings underneath if it got too cold.




Again, as in previous posts, I would like to point out that while I do look kind of sad in these pictures, I am not. I just have resting sad face. Yep. I am forever cursed with random people coming up to me and asking me if I'm okay. Oh well, there are worse things. 

But really, wearing bright colors, especially fun florals, lifts my spirits a little every time. A perfect remedy for those listless gray skies. 


So the next time you are feeling a little blue (or gray!) reach for some color. Reach for a loud print. Reach for something that will brighten your cloudy day. 

Maxi dress- Wal-mart
Floral cardigan- thrifted

Thanks for reading and don't forget to love yourself a little today!








4 comments:

  1. Yeeeessss! I live in a warm climate + adore color as well so you can imagine how much I love this post of yours. You inspire me to continue on my color loving path. Happy New Year!

    Janeane
    www.designingfrommycloset.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Actually, I feel a little silly now because today is such a beautiful sunny day where I live! Haha. We're in for some yucky weather over the next couple of months, though. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete