Monday, December 22, 2014

Loving the Tacky Christmas Sweaters


Christmas probably is my favorite holiday. The baking, the shopping, the gift-wrapping, the somewhat annoying music, I love it all!

I've noticed many of the bloggers I follow are sporting gorgeous holiday dresses and their tacky Christmas sweaters; I figured I should, too!

Since there's no such thing as fancy or formal Christmas parties where I come from, I'll skip the pretty dresses and just get to the tacky sweaters.


I

Pardon my squinting in some of these photos; it was pretty bright outside. Anyway, I found this festive red sweater at a local thrift store. Aren't the little snow-people cute?


I decided to belt it to give the look a little more shape, although it was pretty cute without it, too. I just love the bright red! How can you get more Christmassy than that?


My furry boots here are from a flea-market. My adorable little brown clutch came from a local store called Charmed.


Did I mention that this post is a double-feature? That's right! When I bought the red sweater above, I also picked up this awesomely tacky Santa-Claus sweatshirt. 


I knew this sweatshirt, being quite loose, would make my top half look larger, but so what? I decided to wear my flared jeans, which I got at a thrift store. I'm pretty pleased with it. Also, how comfy can you get? Jeans and a sweatshirt? Sign me up anytime! I added silver heels and earrings for a little more fun.


So apparently, ugly sweater parties are a pretty big deal. Unfortunately for this would-be party goer, they aren't that common around here. Some do have them, but not that many. Do I let that stop me? Heck no! I'll rock my tacky Christmas sweaters whenever and wherever I want! I've worn both of these shopping already, and I'll probably wear one outfit each for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. 

Who says wonderfully tacky Christmas sweaters are only for parties?

Thanks for reading!

                                                               Love always,
                                                                     Ashley

2 comments: