Monday, October 27, 2014

Embracing Chevron Madness

Well, I'm sure you've all noticed that chevron is absolutely everywhere. From fashion to home decor, from wedding cakes to birthday invitations, the chevron pattern (or zig-zag) has taken over. It's madness. 

This pattern has been around for a very long time; for more information on it's origins and the origins of the current trend, read this article

For this post I'm wearing my new black and beige chevron dress.


Trends are funny things. They can be fun for sure, and I like to know what's popular from season to season, but it can be a little tiring constantly worrying about whether what you're wearing will be acceptable to others as what's "in".
That being said, I totally love chevron. It's fun, a little whacky, and I honestly believe, a classic.



I believe many are beginning to get tired of the chevron trend right now, but where I live that's not the case yet. It's still everywhere you look, from maxi-skirts and palazzo-pants to luggage and backpacks, it's in just about every store in my town. It seems that it is the tendency of many to develop a disdain for any trend that gains too much popularity. I get that. 


That's not me, though. What I am striving for first and foremost with my personal style is my own happiness. I like knowing what is trending, but that alone is not why I choose to wear chevron. I have loved the chevron pattern ever since I first saw it appearing in my local shops. I finally found a dress in the fun pattern that I like on me, and I am now going to wear it. Whether everyone else is wearing it (or if no one else is wearing it) has little bearing to whether or not I will wear it.

Chevron continues to be wildly popular. People seem to either love it or hate it. I personally love it, and will likely continue wearing this cute dress long after the trend is over.

My chevron dress was bought at my local Factory Connection. The black pumps are from Wal-mart.                              
                                     Thanks for reading!
                                                                     
                                                                       Love always,
                                                                            Ashley






7 comments:

  1. Hi I just found your blog and I love what its about! Loving yourself and not caring what others think about you is the message I want to portray on mine as well. Also that dress looks amazing on you, the print is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading and for the compliments! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog via a comment you left on the Wardrobe Oxygen Facebook page. I really like everything you are talking about: personal style, positive body image, living with trends. I look forward to getting to know you more through your blog. Thanks for sharing.

    Janeane
    www.designingfrommycloset.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! I'm glad you like what I'm doing! :)

      Delete
  4. Your legs are amazing and the dress is stunning. Your beautiful. Welcome to the blogging world as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thanks! I'm so happy to be doing this!

    ReplyDelete